Thursday, May 1, 2008

ADELAIDE Antics

Hey guys,

Just a quick update on what's happening down here.

I've got a bit of a running group going with the other Worlds players. In particular, Brett Middleton (from mixed) and I are planning to attempt 4-5 sessions a week together, 2-3x running and 2x gym sessions. The others (Huy and junior boys) are going to join in where they can.

We did our first session together last night, stealing Mikeys session plan, and running 10x 200m. Brett ran them all in around 40s, but said he probably should have pushed harder. I ran them in the low 40s, but was having a bit of pain in both knees, so wasn't pushing hard. It was my first running sessions in a long time so I was puffing a little. Was feeling good this morning though, so super keen to run again.

I also talked to the Flinders Athletic Coach while I was out there and I reckon I might start running with their Sprinters 2 or 3 times a week. This is a high quality club which produces Australian Champions regularly, so their coaching on my running style and how to reach peak fitness / speed will be invaluable.

Apart from that, Brett and I both won scholarships (basically gym memberships + extras) from the uni so we're going to be hitting the gym with a fair bit of regularity from now on.

I'm pretty disappointed about Nationals results, I really thought the team would push up into the top 8 and it sucked not being able to do something about it. I handled a little but couldn't really cut successfully and I reckon I could have helped the team make top 8 if I was at full strength. There's a lot of depth in SA these days, which you'll all find out before too long.

Anywho, hope you're all well and training hard.

Joel

No comments: