Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hey Boys

Just thought a few of you might like to hear an update from myself especially those of you who saw me hit the ground like a sack of potatoes in the nationals final. Bascially I felt something in my quad and lost control of that leg so went straight down in a bit of pain - very disappointed because all I could think of was my fellow dingo mates so it may have looked worse.

Physio (thanks Lisi) says its not as bad as last time, but still need 6 weeks to recover fully, or if I'm lucky 4 weeks. I managed to ride to training in Sydney last night (35mins with some hills) and all that went fine, so Lisi says that's great. Still can't get past a fast walk / jog but its still early days. It will be tough on the sideline this weekend but I know it will be good in the long run.

At the moment I'm working on maintaining my cardio fitness via swimming, riding and cross-trainer in the gym (low impact). Also I can still work on upper body and core strength which I'm working on getting a program together now which avoids pressure on the quads.

So that is all good news boys!!! Also, I have booked myself in to the Spine and Pelvic Centre on the 20th May (that was the earlist a new patient could get in - so they must be good), to work on any long time problems.

In the meantime dingos - bring it on - get strong and fire up!!!! Yeah baby

Matt

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice one Matty

Sounds pretty good in a crap kind of way.

I went to the physio last week because I said I would and because the coach was bugging me about it. There is nothing really wrong with my knee aside for some general wear and tear.

It still feels a little funny at time but i've got the green light to keep training hard on the track and on the field. Very happy.

See you soon boys.

Mike