Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Creswick update

Hey boys.
My training has been going sweet out here in the sticks. Thought I'd write a quick post to let ya know what I've been up to.

This year I deferred my final year of HM to make enough money and train hard enough to play dingos. So now I have a crap telemarketing job in the mornings and spend my afternoons training each day.

Early on in the piece I was doing 2 to 3 weights sessions a week, which over the last 4 weeks were substituted for more sprints sessions leading up to nats. My sprint sessions were the same as Owen wrote up in the post a couple below. I have also been getting great benefit from doing cold recovery sessions in the lake down the road after hard sessions. I always pull up well the following day.

As nationals are now over I'm taking a few days to rest up. I got cleaned up in the last point of the first day in a game against FU. Ended up getting along to hospital to check if my ribs were broken as I was having a little trouble breathing. Despite the fact they didn't even xray me (???) I was told the treatment for a small fracture and just general bruising is the same and they said I could play the next day if it wasn't feeling too bad. So I played on for the rest of tournament (a little short of breath) and didn't do any more damage. Other than that I was still feeling fresh on day 4 which was awesome.

Soooo pumped to be a DINGO. See you all at the next camp.

Dan

No comments: