Monday, April 21, 2008

Sticking the niggles early

Normally I'm a beleiver in doing things at the last minute, it brings on unexpected situations which you never now where they will lead, basically makes life fun. But I did something unusual the other day boys, I took action straight away.

A couple of days after a sydney training I was doing some sprints and started to feel my shoulder, this is the same shoulder I busted a while back on the frisbee field and then decided it was fine for dance floor use. Wasn't the best decision I've ever made. A couple of years later and my shoulder was back to normal and haven't really felt it since then until now.

My first thought was, "Shoulder's a bit sore Gussy (being an Australian representative I'm allowed to call myself myself) better just keep doing what you are doing until it is really sore." This was all fine and dandy until I had a revelation, "Fuck me, maybe I should go to the physio before this gets worse." and that's what I did, straight to the NSWIS physio's at olympic park. For the last two weeks I've been stretching and doing strange movements with rubber bands at odd hours of the night and the shoulder is feeling bloody good.

Moral of the story:

If you want to feel bloody good make sure you get stuck into those niggling injuries early

See ya soon dingo(e)s,
Gus Guy

No comments: