Friday, April 11, 2008

A Dingo Project

G'day boys

This is more of a mental fitness post rather than a physical fitness post, equally valid though i think.

I'm not sure when I had the idea however i feel like it was a long time ago, shortly after worlds that I thought it would be cool to take my Dingo jersey and stick it in a frame or something, commemorate the experience. Over time the idea changed to include photos and then the bronze medal and the names of the boys on the team.

My father is a visual artist and has been sticking things in frames and cutting background mats for years. Collaboratively we put together a commemorative piece to celebrate the Dingos in 2004 and to inspire the Dingos of 2008.

After at least 3 years of thinking about it and slowly putting it together, yesterday we completed the job and hung the thing on my wall. Check it out.




























































So there you have it, a little project that I've been working on which is now up on my wall giving me the Dingo pump up daily. The only problem is (as Stacy said) 'you'll have to take it down in five months and put up the gold medal version'. Possibly true except that it would take me another 3 years to get that organised as well.

Train well boys, see you soon.

Mike


P.S. Shame about the smelling mistake in photo #2.

2 comments:

Jonathan Potts said...

Absolutely sweet Mike. I really do need something like that somewhere in my life. Preferably in the gold version.

Jonno said...

Mikey that is sweet dude. I think Gack has got something like that from Finland ... I just never got around to it but really should as that is an awesome way to not keep your medal in the bottom of a shoe box (as mine currently is).