Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pretty boys, smelly towels and god fillets

So, I didn’t make it to Kai’s session last night, but I’m hoping to be there ready to rock and roll next week.

Instead, Gus and I headed to Fitness First Darlinghurst to pump some iron. After a slightly awkward greeting where we almost kissed (which is not an uncommon greeting between males in a Darlinghurst gym), I started off with a five minute row for a warmup. Then we went straight into the bench press (Arnie’s favourite - all hail Arnie!).

Pushed out a couple of sets of 60kgs and then a final set of 65kgs (possibly assist from my partner on the final rep – I dunno I couldn’t open my eyes at that stage). Wanna get that up to 80kgs by the time I step onto a plane. "Does the bench press bear any relationship to ultimate performance?", I hear you say. It does when you've ordered a sleeveless playing shirt.

We moved onto leg press (except gus couldn’t do that due to knee), cable flys, abba dabba work on swiss ball, tricep dips and chin-ups with 5kg assist (I could only do one set of each), single leg hamstring curls (25kgs), shoulder/military press (35kgs), inside and outside cunt muscles (abductors and adductors), calf extensions, lat pull-downs.

After 8pm, it seems like the all the cute women desert fitness first and it becomes the domain of the gay boys. There was one fit babe there though and it seemed like she was following us around, but then she went to use the hamstring curl machine that Gus had been using and very thoroughly disinfected the whole machine. Twice. Yuck - boy sweat. I wondered if she showers straight after sex. Need to think about that one some more.

So then Gus had to finish his last hamstring set with his face in my stinky towel that I haven't washed in about 4 weeks... he'll bring his own towel next time.

At 10pm they kicked us out, probably because we were making all the gay boys look puny and unattractive in the mirror.

We then retired to the BBQ King for some “god fillets” and ginger, bbq pork and bbq duck and a little sip of tsing tao. Oh baby!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Too Big, Too Strong, Yeah Dingo