Monday, June 16, 2008

East Perth Plyo Pad

Dingos,

Haven't had a report from out west so thought I might pencil in a recent discovery last night. I left work a little early with the intention of doing some fartlek running around the river.

Cali Steve's been going on about box jumps for ages and I have been keen as to get into them but have struggled to find anywhere suitable to do it. My gym crappy stadium seating isn't really ideal.

Anyway low an behold about 500m into my run I come across some nice sandstone fencing which built on a hill varies in height from about 30 cm to 100cm. Score ..... I found box!!! Did three sets of 10 at about 50-60 cm. I then started jogging again noticing some hills that would be good to run a few circuits around. I felt inspired by Matt's metal workouts out Macquarie Uni so I ran down to the Swan river foreshore and sprinted up this hill and began a 800m circuit that I was going to do. As I jogged around some swanky houses attempting to recovery from the hill sprint I came back down to the foreshore and was amping up for my next attempt about 200m away when I looked to my right and found this beautiful patch of grass leading up the Swan's banks to the aforementioned swanky houses. 20 m flat section, then 70 m hill @ 10% incline, meant for hill sprints so up I went, it gets tough towards the end but felt good, so I thought I' d knock over 10. As a jogged back down the slope about halfway along and slighty to the left I noticed a nice park bench where I decided to do some split jump things that Kai had us do the other week. Knocked over a cheeky 20 then ran back down for my second sprint. Again not to bad and another 20 jumps for good luck. Third time up ...... has the hill got steeper?? starting to feel a little slow. Anyway I kept up with the 20 jumps after each sprint until I reached my seventh sprint at which point I decided to reduce the times between sprints. The last four sprints were a struggle, as I did them I was thinking of Gladiators the night before and how I was laughing at the poor buggers that fell down on the travellator. I'd be going backwards on that thing. I gritted the teeth though and got through them until I reached my last one. Alright, leave nothing in the tank this time. What can I do to inspire me this last sprint? and I immediately thought of chasing Chase SB deep for the disc. I hate these guys, and any other mofos that want to take gold from the Dingos!!! ...... and it really drove me in the absence of someone else pushing you. Not really sure if it was fast as I wasn't timing but it felt like I flew up that hill for the last one.

I then strode back down the hill sucking in the air and the rain that started falling was a nice little cool down. I then began a series of plyo excercises, or at least the ones I could remember.

Anyway despite being buggered at the end of the session, I was utterly stoked to find this place. Perfect for some sprints and plyo work and just on a 1km from my place.

Bring it on for the next four weeks!

Denyer

1 comment:

Mike said...

Release the Denyer!

Top post mate.