Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Turf Trackin' it!

Dings,

So, my time in the states has been somewhat of a roller-coaster ride of emotion. From the lows of losing ALL my checked luggage (including roughly $10,000 in camera equipment) to the highs of finding Vapor TDs online and putting a smile on my teammate's faces.

My first training session was at approximately 9,500 feet in colorado. After my 38 hours of Thursday that ended in driving up the rockies to a resort at 11pm, I awoke on friday at 6am. Shook off the cobwebs, left the king size bed and headed to the first field i could find. I proceeded to do the hard plyos workout plus some of the cutting drills kai has done with us recently. It was fucking tough. I couldn't do more than a set of 3 before i needed to take a break. After about an hour and ten minutes, i was beat. It was so beautiful up there that I thought I'd go to the back of the SUV we rented, pull out a camera and take a shot to put on the blog. That was when I first realized that I had been relieved of a pelican case full of cameras.

I threw twice in the next couple days and attempted a fartlek at altitude. . . that was short lived and not much fun. I felt like Tats's stomach at the sydney uni indoor session, but probably looked more like bretty at kai's session two weeks ago.

In answer to your question, ken. . . No, I have not yet hit the Stanford track.

We were at the Redwood City High School track facilities last night, they have that super plush surface on their football field. The ground up tires in synthetic grass. It felt so good on my still bruised cartilage. Luckily Patrick Hard came with us, jo wasn't so good at resisting me using the harness.

I've been staying with my mate Turtle, he lives about 2 blocks from the College of San Mateo, that also has a very plush synthetic field, so i'll be up there tonight for another plyos session that will end in 20x25s and a bunch of throwing as per Mike's last spreadsheet entry.

Anyway, both the case of cameras and the pack frontier airlines lost in denver found their way back to me. I'm not sure how, but i have them both in my possession, and with that sorted, I'm fired up to have some cleats to throw on and run around in.

That's about it, glad to see our VC running on the track.

Frank Hugenaard will be attending our game against Jam, and will be setting up a dischoops court if anyone's interested.

1 comment:

Jonno said...

Nice work Steve. Altitude training, puking up, losing your expensive equipment, organising cleats for the boys. That's what trippin in the US is all about.