Monday, July 14, 2008

Lonely San Fran

Hey Guys,
I got to San Fran 2 days ago and have been getting used to the time changes and such. Staying with one of the Fury girls, Team USA, and hung out with a bunch of them today. They talk a lot of frisbee and seem to be fairly confident in their open team to take home the gold. It got me real fired up and keen to get out there and show these chumps the Dingo and Aussie Mongrel! I just want to get out there and slap some seppos around (yes, I see the irony) and mess up every other freaking country! I know sports psych-wise, surely this post is breaking rules, but sometimes there is emotion and it needs to be released.

I did a Kai strength session tonight to release some of the built up desire. I got two pretty decent sized water bottles and filled them up to the brim with water. I then went into it. I took the two couches and put a broom in between and went into the pull ups. I did my set of 15 slow and hard, and then did the one leg butterfly looking thing to 15 on each leg also. I did 3 sets of this and then went forward. Next, 15 Kai push ups with the squat superset of 15 also. Did 3 sets of these. Didn't have the hamstring equipment, so substituted the saw horse and moved onward, pushing forward. I did 16 of the saw horse, then 15 of the extended crunch, and 3 sets of these. Finally, did the wall sits with arm lifts, 15 of course, and the superset of the laying on stomach and extending the arms forward, with 15. 3 sets indeed. I did all of these with the water bottles as weight and it was feeling great. Left shoulder felt good, worked through it hard, and never looked back boys!

I am so freaking fired up to have you guys get here and finally see all this training translate into performance! Just being around the Americans, they exude this arrogance that I want to bash out of them. We have been working hard and I know I am extremely proud, and lucky, to be a part of this team. We can't control the future, others, weather, genetics, the past, accidents, or (there was one more), but with what we can control, lets put it all in and leave it on the field! This is what we have all put it for, sacrificed for, and trained and worked hard towards, so lets look around at our dingo brethren and make sure we each do everything we possibly can to make sure they leave a world champion!

no excuses, no asterisks...just Dingos!

1 comment:

Jonno said...

Steve,

Nice work champ, I'm looking forward to testing out my iron-stomach vs the Calafornian salmonella bug ... I reckon I can down a few tomatoes.

Good to see you pumped up mate. I think some targeted excitment is always a good thing, sports psychology be damned. How can you not get a twinge of the old fire when you know we could be playing against seppos or even the Poms. OK OK I'm crystal balling now.

Back to work Jonno

Back to work

eh eh eh (this will be funnier if you've read my comment on Mikey's post)

eh eh eh ... suckers