Thursday, February 28, 2008

Careful...!!!

Had a bit of a scare last night boys.

I was running around in a game of league (was playing quite well actually) when I started to realise all wasn't as it should be with my right knee. Took an injury sub to do some self-diagnosis. Was pretty horrified to find my leg moving quite a lot from my knee. Panicked quite a bit...

It didn't swell up much overnight but still went to the Physio this morning expecting some pretty bad news. Turns out I've stretched / strained my Medial, Lateral or Anterior CL, perhaps all three a little. Prognosis is a couple weeks without turning and lots of one legged squats. Reassess before Regionals. That's pretty good news considering what I thought I was going to have to write in this blog today while trying to sleep last night.

I did a really hard beach training session on Tuesday night and didn't warm down / stretch adequately at all, and the Physio reckons all the tight muscles pulled my knee to pieces a bit. She also said that if I hadn't stopped when I did I most probably would have done my ACL.

I can take two things from this. No excuse for not warming down well, no matter how you feel, and pay attention to what your body is telling you.

See you in March.

No comments: